Frequently Asked Questions
Many people have a good understanding of who and what SEO is, but as with anything new: The more you know, the more you realize that there is more to learn! While these are not all inclusive to the mysteries of Search Engine Optimization, here are some basics. If you have additional questions, we are happy to explain. Just give us a call!
- What does SEO stand for? Search Engine Optimization, but it’s not only about Search Engines anymore.
- What is SEO? It’s more of a process to gain ranking on search engines, the most optimal is through “organic” searching, meaning when someone types in a fresh request, you want your website to be as close to the first page as possible, since most people don’t search past there.
- When will we see results? Results can happen as quickly as a few weeks or as long as it takes. That’s not the answer you want?? As I said, it’s a process. Rome wasn’t built in a day, neither was your website ranking.
- Can we rank for everything (huge list of keywords)? Who are you and what are you selling? What is your monthly budget? We will work within the limitations of what you are selling. (It’s not in your best interest to rank for something you can’t provide to a customer) We can definitely help, let’s talk about your goals!
- How much does SEO cost? How much can you afford? It’s relative to what your goals are and what your budget is made of. If you have the money to spend, we can be as aggressive as your budget allows. (All within the limits of best practices)
- Why is SEO so expensive? Anything that is going to improve your rankings, make your company money, and elicit buying customers is not going to come for free. How much is it worth to you?
- How long does it take to get indexed by Google? Google needs minutes to weeks depending on your site to index it or new content appearing on it. Without SEO best practices it will even take longer.
- How do I submit to 1000 search engines? There are only a handful of search engines that you need at all. Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask in the US. Mostly Google in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
- Do I need an XML sitemap? Depending on your site you may or may not need one. The Short answer is yes.
- Do I need a high PageRank for SEO? You need internal Pagerank for your site to get indexed. Toolbar PageRank (the green bar in your Google toolbar) is not a prerequisite.
How may We Serve You!!
- Can’t my daughter who is a graphic designer do the SEO? Do you trust your car repairs to your electrician? People are professionals for a reason, it’s all they do, and you want someone who does this for a living. Some designers underestimate the importance of SEO and misunderstand it. SEO marketing services should be part of website design not just a add on. An open minded designer can provide a good findable site architecture that works for SEO marketing services as well. That is why we build websites with SEO in mind from the beginning line of code.
- Can my friend who is a Java and C++ programmer do my SEO? Programmers often underestimate the difficulty of SEO and attempt to attain rankings by creating scripts that automatically enhance websites. This is a very risky business as it often crosses the thin line of what’s allowed by the search engine guidelines. Web Marketing Services
- Why should I outsource my SEO? SEO is a full time job for a person or it requires a whole team with several skills ranging from web development, content creation to marketing. That’s why we look at the whole picture, not just one piece.
- Can’t I just use WordPress plus plugins for SEO? You can but it’s not enough. You need a multi-step approach.
- Does SEO mean optimization for search engines spiders not humans? Some people still assume that SEO is used to please search bots only. Most reputable SEO web design experts advocate search engine optimization for users.
- Is buying links, hidden text, IP delivery etc. black hat SEO? Some techniques considered by many as SEO marketing services are also considered black hat. Still most of them can be used ethically as well so only the context can tell you when a particular measure is black or white hat.
- Is black hat SEO legal? The question to ask should rather be whether black hat SEO is recommended. No it is not. Most of it is probably still legal, depending on the technique.
- Does site size matter? Historically it did matter. For a period of time bigger sites by the sheer number of pages seemed to rank batter. By now the pros and cons outweigh each other – so it does not makes sense to inflate the size of a website artificially by adding low quality content.
- Do domain names matter? Yes they do, you want to identify yourself as a company and communicate effective to your customer base. Choose a name carefully. (as is the boy named Sue; don’t misrepresent!)
Why use Salterra’s SEO Marketing Services
A good SEO company will dissect your website and make recommendations according to your goals. ( Not theirs) Salterra is not afraid to tell you that you are biting more off than you can chew with your budget. The SEO company you chose should direct you in what is best for the money you want to spend. Many companies have made mistakes when hiring a SEO company because they go after their goals with a shotgun instead carefully taking aim with a more precise weapon. Contact us today for all your SEO Marketing Services so we can show you how SEO results can be achieved and still be affordable. Call Salterra a SEO Web Design Company AZ